Notes: How to tune your guitar
To tune your guitar, you only need to have one string tuned to any note, as long as you know which one it is.
This is known as the reference point. Once you have this, tuning the rest of the strings is easy.
There are various ways to find the reference point. You can use any of the following methods to tune a string, or all your strings.
Piano/Keyboard: A keyboard is an excellent way to tune your guitar. (assuming that the piano is tuned)
Just tune the strings by matching them with their respective keys.
Electronic Tuner: Allows you to tune the guitar string by measuring the frequency of the string. Very easy way to tune the guitar.
Pitch Pipe: A pitch pipe has 6 pipes, for each string on the guitar. Just tune the strings to match the pitch from each respective pipe.
Tuning Fork: When a tuning fork is struck, it emits an A note at a frequency of 440hz. Simply tune the 5th fret of the top string to this.
Follow these instructions for tuning your guitar, with the top string being already tuned to an E.
* Step1: Place your finger on the 5th fret of the top string (aka the 6th string), and tune the 5th string until both match
* Step 2: Place your finger on the 5th fret of the 5th string and tune the 4th string until both match
* Step 3: Place your finger on the 5th fret of the 4th string and tune the 3rd string until both match.
* Step 4: Place your finger on the 4th fret of the 3rd string and tune the 2nd string until both match.
* Step 5: Place your finger on the 5th fret off the 2nd string and tune the 1st, or bottom string until both match.
Which looks like this:
That's it, your guitar is now tuned. If you understand this, then you can tune your guitar with any
reference point. Its best to go through this every time you pick up the guitar.
You may be surprised at how quickly a guitar can go out of tune.
BluesLesson.net Ebook - "Easy to learn Blues Guitar"
Learn to play Blues the easy way
This guitar course (about 70 pages) is especially written for people who are quite new to playing guitar.
Here you will find all you need to learn how to play the Blues:
* All beginner lessons are included in this ebook!
* You start from the first 12-bar-Blues to your first Blues solo licks.
* You´ll learn about Blues chords, the Blues scale, bendings, vibratos, slide guitar and much more!